BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I love to cook. I love to try new recipes. And I am always on the look out for a good cookbook or magazine. So last week I was at Target (my favorite store) and I saw this magazine called Clean Eating. I liked it but I will say that there are things that I will never try. Don't get me wrong, the recipes looked good but I am a mom of 3 kids and I need something that is somewhat fast and healthy at the same time. Okay back to the magazine. Their purpose for the magazine is to eat in the most natural state. It is not about dieting - it is about a lifestyle. I love that. I hate dieting and I have never really done it. I am a true believer of eating food in its most natural state. I buy my meat and milk organic as well as most of my fruits and veggies. I have a theory and it is only my theory so don't quote me on this. I see girls who are developing so much earlier these days. I take my girls to school and I see girls who are in 6th grade fully developed. I believe kids are developing early because of several things but one of them is the food we eat. We eat too much processed food. I don't want my girls to one of the fully developed girls by 6th grade. That is why I don't have food that is already prepared for us. It is a pain sometimes when we are in a hurry but oh well. I do these things for my family. I want them to be healthy and it is my responsibility to help them be as healthy as they can be. I don't want to sound preachy but these are things I have been thinking about. Am I just over thinking all this or do other people feel this way too?

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

I totally agree! I am so glad I found this healthy blog.. I am on the same kick as you.. 31 & sick of not being as healthy as I can be!