BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

I have been an avid reader of other blogs that discuss their journey to be healthy. They are quite inspiring. I decided that if I started a blog about my journey, I will be held accountable to stay on course. I know that may sound lame but I think this will help me.

So here is my story. Before I got married, I was into working out and eating right. But then I met the love of my life and we got married. We were so happy and just enjoyed each other and ate. I started to gain a little weight. Then I got pregnant with our first child and let me tell you I ate whatever I wanted. I did not care. So now I just had my 3 child (14 months ago) and I am tired of not being in the shape I want. I am tired of not feeling confident in the way I look. I'm tired of always thinking about my weight. I want to start this blog because I want to record my journey to being healthy.

So this is the beginning of my new life. My journey to a healthier me.


Here is my late afternoon snack. It is an apple with natural peanut butter with flaxseed. It was quite delicious. It will hold me over until dinner.


I luckily have a husband who will try my crazy ideas when it comes to food. He, of course, is a carnivore and so are our children. I like meat sparingly. I prefer chicken and fish. Occasionally I will like a good hamburger or steak but really for the most part I dig meals that have a lot of veggie, grains and fruit. So for dinner tonight I experimented with some tofu that is already flavored. I got it at Trader Joe's. My girls and even Ryan (my husband) liked it. I wasn't too worried about my girls. They will pretty much eat anything. Funny story - I was talking to a friend who was complaining how picky one of her kids were and I was agreeing saying I have a picky one too. She started telling me that the only thing he will eat is Mac and Cheese, hot dogs, etc. She asked what mine will only eat and when I started telling her, she laughed and said mine wasn't picky at all. She eats tofu, broccoli, corn, etc. The only thing she is picky about is when the meals have too much going on. For example, I made some lasagna roll ups that had spinach and mushrooms in it. She wouldn't eat it at first but once I expained everything in the dish, she was ok with it. Enough with that story. Let's get to dinner.

This is the tofu I got from Trader Joe's. I would totally use this again.


Now dinner tonight was my version of taco salad. Spinach, carrots, cucumbers, zucchini, broccoli, blueberries, tofu and cilantro. My down fall was that I do not have a dressing that I love so I but about a teaspoon of ranch dressing. Oh, I also put some refried beans on top.

So there you have it. This is a start of a new me. I know I will have some downfalls but I need to get right back on track. Luckily, I have a great husband who loves me for who I am and is also doing this with me. It would be hard to do it alone.

1 comments:

AZ Powells said...

dang you are good...I wish I could do this..eat more healthy...but I have soooo many hang-ups with food and textures. Stevan says it is all in my head...he is right but I am stubborn and refuse to change. Good Luck :) I'll keep reading just in case you show something I might like :)